According to IT Governance’s ISO 27001 Global Report
, there was a 25% increase in data breaches in 2017, making cyber security a top concern for organisations worldwide. The report found that 60% of organisations that have implemented cyber security standards believe it is likely that they are still a target for an attack.
- ISO 27001 and the GDPR: Nearly half (43%) will be implementing an ISO 27001- compliant ISMS (information security management system) to enable them to maintain compliance with the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation
- ISO 27001 Qualifications: Almost half (44%) of those managing ISMS do not have a formal ISO 27001 qualification (Discover here how you can become qualified)
- ISO 27001 and competitive advantage: more than half (57%) the respondents implemented this standard specifically to gain a competitive advantage
- The overwhelming majority (89%) of organisations believe the single greatest benefit of implementing ISO 27001 will improve their information security
- ISO 27001 and benefits: Two thirds of organisations believe implementing ISO 27001 improves their security posture – 3% jump from the 2015 report and 2016 report.
, founder and executive chairman of IT Governance, said: “Unfortunately, as long as cyber crime remains a lucrative trade, risks will continue to escalate, and attackers will continue to proliferate. To counter this, organisations need to be fully prepared. ISO 27001, an information security standard designed to minimise risks and mitigate damage, offers the preparedness organisations need.”
About the Report
Conducted online, the survey polled 128 people worldwide. 64% of respondents were from Europe, 20% from Asia, 9% from North America, 5% from Africa and 2% from South America. Respondents work within the technology and media, professional services, finance and manufacturing, supply and construction business sectors.
To find out more about how IT Governance can help your organisation, please visit the website
, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +971 56696 7974.