CISSP® (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
What is CISSP?
The CISSP certification has become a pre-requisite for anyone developing a senior career in information security. It provides information security professionals with an objective measure of competence and a globally recognised standard of achievement. The CISSP credential suits mid- and senior-level managers who are working towards, or have already attained positions as, CISOs, CSOs or Senior Security Engineers.
CISSP was developed and is maintained by (ISC)2 (International Information System Security Certification Consortium), a global, non-profit organisation that specialises in information security.
The CISSP certification is best suited for mid- and senior-level managers who are working towards, or have already attained, positions as CISOs, CIOs, IT managers or security systems engineers.
As of June 2018, there were 589 CISSP members located in the UAE, 335 in Saudi Arabia and 120 in Qatar ((ISC)2 Member Counts – CISSP, 2018).
To qualify for CISSP certification, candidates must:
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in two or more of the eight CBK (common body of knowledge) domains;
- Study for and pass the CISSP examination;
- Complete the endorsement process and subscribe to the (ISC)² Code of Ethics; and
- Maintain certification through CPE (continuing professional education) credits.
At the heart of CISSP is its information security CBK, which is divided into eight domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK is the essential companion guide for candidates in the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region preparing for the CISSP exam.
Benefits of CISSP certification
- Demonstrate your expertise: Stay at the forefront of information security and prove you have the commitment, knowledge and ability for your field with a universally recognised certification.
- Open yourself up to new opportunities: CISSP certification enhances your career prospects. CISSP is listed as the most in-demand IT security certification (CIO.com), so gaining it will help you stand out against other IT professionals.
- Increase your salary: Salaries of CISSP-certified professionals are much higher than those who are not certified. The IT Skills and Salary Survey 2018 ranked jobs for CISSP professionals as the second highest-paid across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
How IT Governance can help
IT Governance is a leading global provider of IT governance, risk management and compliance solutions, and provides exam preparation for some of the most prestigious qualifications available to IT professionals.
Browse our range of comprehensive products and services to help you prepare for the CISSP exam.
CISSP products and services
External CISSP resources
Please see the (ISC)2 guidance on how to get your CISSP certification.