Expert knowledge of ISO 27001, the international standard for information security, is in high demand. The Standard’s popularity is on the rise, with a 13% increase in Gulf organisations certifying to ISO 27001 last year, creating new roles for people tasked with implementing and maintaining the Standard’s requirements.
It’s a lucrative position for anyone interested in a career in information security. Not only are there plenty of job opportunities but the work is also rewarding and well-paid.
Anyone looking to fill this role should consider our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Online training course. This three-day course runs from 29–31 January 2019.
What you’ll learn
The course covers the nine key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliance ISMS (information security management system).
Study from the comfort of your own home as real-world practitioners show you how to tackle an ISMS project from start to finish, including:
- Why information security management is important;
- The role and structure of an information security policy;
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO 27001;
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments;
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 to determine the scope of your ISMS;
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case;
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project;
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation;
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001;
- The importance of the SoA (Statement of Applicability), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions;
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management;
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool;
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation;
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training;
- The key elements of management review;
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure that you pass first time; and
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.