With cyber attacks and data breaches on the rise, GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) organisations should implement an ISMS (information security management system) to mitigate the risk.
An ISMS is a system of processes, documents, technology and people that helps to manage, monitor and improve information security. ISO 27001 is the international standard that describes best practice for an ISMS.
Benefits of implementing an ISMS
An ISO 27001-compliant ISMS will benefit GCC organisations in several ways.
It will enhance your organisation’s structure and focus by clearly setting out who is responsible for various information security risks. It also protects and improves your reputation, proving to customers that you take information security seriously and are doing everything you can to keep data secure.
Even if you do suffer a data breach, regulators are lenient towards organisations certified to ISO 27001 because they are able to demonstrate that they are following information security best practices.
Learn how to implement an ISMS in our upcoming webinar
Join IT Governance Gulf for our free webinar: How to implement an information security management system.
The webinar provides a comprehensive introduction to the steps needed to implement an ISMS, including:
- How to adopt a comprehensive, risk-based approach to information security;
- Securing organisation-wide commitment;
- The importance of people, processes and technology in information security;
- The nine-step approach to implementing an ISMS;
- Using ISO 27001 as the global best-practice information security standard;
- Risk assessments and controls;
- Testing your ISMS and developing documentation; and
- The benefits of obtaining independent assurance.
This webinar will be delivered on 17 October 2018 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm GST. It will include a 15-minute Q&A session at the end to provide extra insight into implementing an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
Can’t attend at this time? You should still register! We will send the slides and recording to all registrants after the webinar.
This webinar is part of our exciting new webinar series designed to support GCC organisations with their compliance obligations. View the full series of webinars >>