Organisations in the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region must learn to protect themselves from the growing threat of cyber attacks.
Several cyber attacks have hit GCC organisations in the past few years, including:
- Saudi Arabia: The Shamoon virus, which wiped thousands of computers in Saudi Arabia’s civil aviation agency in 2016.
- UAE: Ride-hailing company Careem was hit by a data breach in early 2018 that compromised 14 million customers’ names, email addresses, phone numbers and trip data.
- Qatar: Al Jazeera Media Network was hit by a large-scale cyber attack in 2017 that allowed criminal hackers to post false statements attributed to the country’s ruler.
To help protect organisations and consumers in the GCC countries, there are an increasing number of data security laws and regulations that must be complied with, including Qatar’s DPL (Data Privacy Law), the UAE’s Cybercrimes Law and the EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
GCC organisations can protect themselves by adopting stronger, smarter and more robust data security solutions.
Implementing an ISMS (information security management system) that is certified to the international information security standard, ISO 27001, enables organisations to:
- Comply with legal, regulatory, business and contractual requirements;
- Avoid the financial penalties and losses associated with data breaches;
- Meet strict client demands for greater data security; and
- Demonstrate they have taken necessary steps to protect their business.
Learn how to overcome data security challenges in our upcoming ISO 27001 webinar
Join IT Governance Gulf for our free webinar: How to overcome data security compliance challenges in the GCC countries.
The webinar provides GCC organisations with a comprehensive introduction to:
- The cyber risk landscape and the latest cyber security and data protection laws in the GCC countries;
- How to achieve compliance and reduce your liability in the event of a data breach;
- The link between information security and cyber security;
- The top risks that result in data breaches;
- How an ISMS works; and
- How ISO 27001 compliance can help you improve your information security posture.
This webinar will be delivered by global ISO 27001 expert Alan Calder on 10 October 2018 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm GST. It will include a 15-minute Q&A at the end to provide advice and guidance on ISO 27001 implementations.
Can’t attend at this time? You should still register! We will send out the slides and recording after the webinar to all registrants.
Register for other webinars in this series: