Interest in ISO 27001, the international standard for information security, has grown rapidly in the Gulf in recent years. The number of certified organisations grew by 13% across the Middle East in 2017, with organisations understanding the importance of effective and demonstrable security.
With that increase comes the need for people to lead implementation projects. The task requires someone with an expert understanding of ISO 27001, so it demands specialists with the right qualifications.
What does an ISO 27001 lead implementer do?
An ISO 27001 lead implementer oversees an organisation’s adoption of the Standard’s requirements. They will have input on every step of the process, and must therefore have a comprehensive understanding of all things information security. This includes knowledge of:
- The role and structure of an ISMS (information security management system);
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO 27001;
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments;
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 to determine the scope of your ISMS;
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case;
- How to structure and manage an ISO 27001 project;
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001;
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool;
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation;
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training;
- The key elements of management review;
- How to prepare for an ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure that you pass first time; and
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
How much does an ISO 27001 lead implementer exam cost?
ISO 27001 lead implementer exams are often included in a training course. This is a more cost-effective option and it enables you to sit the exam fresh with the training knowledge.
Our ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Online comprises three days of online training followed by the online exam. This three-day interactive Live Online course developed by global ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, drawing on their industry-leading implementation guide IT Governance – An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002.
The course is led by real-world ISO 27001 practitioners who show you how to tackle an ISMS project from start to finish, it covers the nine key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS (information security management system).